Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Nursing Service Director – Medical Service Group (H20_3305)
Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service is a dynamic health service provider that operates in an environment where quality patient care is paramount. Their vision, as a health service, is to provide health and wellbeing through exceptional care.
The Sunshine Coast offers a growing, changing population and is a beautiful part of the Country and State. The Health District is evolving rapidly to become a major metro player in the State. The HHS provides services across the continuum from community-based health services through to tertiary and teaching hospital-based services, across multiple site
The Nursing Service Director is the lead nursing position for the Medical Services Group and an integral member of the MSG leadership team.The Nursing Service Director (MSG) will demonstrate advanced clinical, management, leadership and portfolio expertise. In addition to your clinical and professional experience you will be an established leader with demonstrated expertise in managing and leading professional change.
SCHHS is seeking a Nursing Services Director who will capitalise on this unique opportunity to reinvigorate, inspire and hold accountable the MSG nursing teams to provide patient centric, compassionate and holistic care. You will professionally advocate for nursing and the paramount role it plays in the care and compassion of the patient. You will also work collaboratively with the wider multidisciplinary team, recognising that each discipline plays an integral part in exceptional care.
The Nursing Services Director of the MSG is responsible for an operational budget of $235 million and 888 FTE staff. The role reports operationally through to the General Manager Medical Services Group and professionally through the Executive Director Nursing and Midwifery Services. The Nursing Directors for Medical Services Group streams report through to the Nursing Services Director.
To succeed in this role, you must be a courageous nurse advocate capable of engaging your teams in a collaborative and inspirational manner. Your leadership style and approach will centre on raising and lifting expectations, encouraging and supporting your teams to succeed and holding them accountable to the highest of standards. You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key requirements, knowledge and experience:
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of contemporary models of health care delivery
- Expertise in human, material, financial and resource management within a tertiary health care environment
- Ability to lead performance aligned to organisational key performance indicators
- Expertise in leadership, service planning and change management
- Ability to provide expert leadership in an interdisciplinary environment and contribute to professional nursing at an advanced level
- Ongoing professional development and commitment to the development of a culture that promotes and supports education, research and workforce development
- High degree of systems literacy and ability to manage across a variety of health care environments
We invite qualified candidates to contact Catherine Poutasi on +61 (0)432 173 611 or via email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: 24/07/2020