Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
General Manager, Medical Services Group (H20_3386)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to join and lead the Medical Services Group at the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS) as General Manager, Medical Services Group.
SCHHS is a dynamic health service providing services across the full continuum from community-based health services through to tertiary and teaching hospital-based services at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, a 1.8bn dollar state of the art facility that opened in 2017.
The Sunshine Coast itself has a growing, changing population and is set in a beautiful part of the State and Country.As a result of this continual growth, SCHHS is rapidly evolving to meet the changing need and has become a major metro player in the State’s health system.In further response to this the district is in the final stages of drafting a comprehensive Master Clinical Services Plan which on approval will map out the next ten years of focus and the investment sought.
As General Manager, Medical Services Group this a rare chance to help grow and evolve the organisational and directorate performance and culture and be at the forefront of championing and supporting new contemporary models of care.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and managing a budget of $327m and 1,975 FTE, the General Manager is responsible for the:
- Overall performance of the Medical Services Group
- Introduction of new and expanded tertiary services, collaboratively with consumers and clinical leaders
- Further development of robust clinical and corporate governance systems and practice and
- Culture in partnership clinical, nursing, and allied health leads
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to provide the necessary leadership to continuously improve the performance of a significant clinical service
- Highly developed managerial proficiency in areas such as financial, human and physical resources, and governance
- Demonstrated strategic capability including the ability to plan contemporary health services and resolve complex organisational problems
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of contemporary human resource management
For a confidential discussion, please contact Principal Consultants:
Kevin Hardy on +61 (0)412 131 334 or via email email@example.com
Paul Ingle on +61 (0)402 796 125 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 17/07/2020