Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Executive Officer / Director of Nursing and Midwifery (H20_3418)
- Experienced Director of Nursing and Health Service Manager
- Passionate about rural healthcare provision
- Focus on contemporary models of care and sustainable workforce
Mount Gambier and Districts Health Service is part of the Limestone Coast Local Health Network. Mount Gambier and Districts Health Services provide acute services ranging from in-hospital care by local general practitioners to specialist surgical, obstetric, paediatric and anaesthetic services delivered by medical consultants.
The Limestone Coast Local Health Network are now seeking an experienced Executive Officer / Director of Nursing and Midwifery to provide strategic and operational leadership, governance, and direction for the Mount Gambier & Districts Health Service.This is a unique opportunity for an experienced nurse / midwife executive leader, with a passion for rural health care provision to live and work in a wonderful regional city in South Australia.Mount Gambier lies halfway between Adelaide and Melbourne and strikes the ideal balance between the vibrant lifestyle of a big city and comforts of a small town, between cultural progress and tradition and between modern conveniences and the preservation of natural beauty.
The focus of this role is on development and implementation of frameworks and systems within which the more than 300 nurses and midwives’ practice and on monitoring and evaluating clinical practice and service delivery standards. The hospital has 113 beds including the 17 bed Mt Gambier Private Hospital which is co-located.The hospital also provides a 24-hour Emergency Department, delivers in excess of 500 babies and undertakes 6000 operations each year.
To be a strong candidate for the role you will have:
- Significant experience in nursing leadership and healthcare management
- Be recognised as a resilient, contemporary and accomplished nursing leader who can contribute to the overall leadership of the Limestone Coast Local Health Network
- Experience in leading staff across the continuum of care including acute, community and mental health
- A track record of leading change and implementing innovative, contemporary models of care and service delivery
- A passion to live as part of, and contribute to, a vibrant community in a thriving rural city.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Liz Hlipala on +61 (0)401 122 301 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: 13/07/2020