Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Executive Director Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health (H20_3323)
Central West Hospital and Health Service (CWHHS) is dedicated to delivering the best possible health outcomes to the community it serves. As the Executive Director Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health you will shape, influence and lead health initiatives aimed at servicing and improving the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the region.
This role is not without its challenges and will require an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leader l who can successfully engage and work with the nine (9) distinct Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities who are sparsely located across the region. You will articulate and drive strategies aimed at improving health and wellbeing.
You will demonstrate an ability to influence, engage, advocate and co-design strategies and models of care that will lead to positive health outcomes. You will work closely with the Executive Team to develop the CWHHS Reconciliation Action plan and lead the strategic initiatives identified in the CWHHS Close the Gap Action Plan 2019-2022. You will also be an integral member of Project West, an initiative that focuses on chronic disease prevention and management.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate an innate ability to lead with integrity, you will advocate, grow and inspire the CWHHS Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce and work with the wider CWHHS team to engage with key stakeholder groups.
Whilst the challenges are high so too are the rewards, in this role, your actions and outcomes will have a direct impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. You will have the opportunity to truly make a difference, building on the strength and resilience of First Nations people to help close the gap and improve health outcomes
The ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
Strategic and Operational Capability
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, social, policy and workforce issues at national, state and local levels and a practical and critical appreciation of their implications for the development, planning and delivery of culturally capable health services.
- Demonstrated achievements in effectively contributing to closing the gap in life expectancy and health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Proven ability to consult effectively and credibly with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Demonstrated high level capacity to analyse, understand and implement local future service delivery needs for incorporation into strategic and operational plans.
Health system and change management
- Extensive knowledge of the operations of a large and complex health service delivery organisation with experience in strategic business development and leadership capability at an executive level.
- Demonstrated experience at the executive senior management level in the conduct and management of organisational change at strategic and operational levels to ensure that policies and practices address the needs and perspectives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Communication and Influence
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to liaise and work cooperatively across the organisation, with consumers, patients and their families and the community in order to achieve consensus and resolution of conflicts without compromising relationships and services delivery performance.
Leads and Manages
- Demonstrated executive level leadership in exercising sound judgement and effective responses to the demands of a high-pressure environment.
- A proven ability to strategically and effectively manage a service budget, including financial, physical and human resources in a complex and diverse health care setting.
- Make ethical decisions in order to achieve organisational and patient and consumer care goals.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Lynette Boerth on +61 (0)431 293 861 or via email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: 10/07/2020