Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Manager, Corporate, Business and Finance (H20_3454)
- Experienced Manager, Corporate, Business and Finance
- Leading reform and working with key stakeholders including Commonwealth Departments
- Experienced Transformational Leader
- Corporate Governance, Human Resources and Financial Functions
- Resilient business executive with technical ICT expertise
- Capable of rolling up your sleeves
This is no ordinary role, in no ordinary location. Norfolk Island Health and Residential Aged Care Services (NIHRACS) is seeking an experienced Manager, Corporate, Business and Finance to lead reform and assist NIHRACS to achieve its long-term health service objectives. NIHRACS in consultation with the Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communication (DITRDC) as the health service funder, are seeking applications from highly experienced and qualified corporate service leaders capable of leading transformational change across NIHRACS corporate service functions. You will form part of an executive team, responsible for the delivery of safe, quality and patient centred healthcare. As the Manager, Corporate, Business and Finance you will be responsible for the oversight and direction of all NIHRACS corporate functions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Strategic and business planning
- Financial management and reporting
- Statutory reporting
- Commercial business operations
- Contract-sub-contract management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Staff development and upskilling and
- Stakeholder relations
In addition to these responsibilities you will be required to lead reform by:
- Assessing and implementing a contemporary Financial Information System – to meet the commercial and reporting needs of NIHRACS.
- Addressing the recommendations arising from the Australian National Auditing Office (ANAO) Performance and Financial Statement Audits.
- Deliver a robust framework of regular performance reporting compliant with the NIHRACS, DITRD and the ANAO requirements.
- Ensuring that NIHRACS operates within its prescribed budget and expends its funds in accordance with Commonwealth recognised best practice accounting standards.
- Developing performance plans and frameworks to measure success and facilitate an ongoing positive performance driven culture.
To succeed in this role, you must be capable of forging strong strategic partnerships with key stakeholders within NIHRACS Senior Management and Business Team, Commonwealth and State agencies who fund the health service or provide capacity building support to lead important reform in areas of corporate governance, human resources and financial functions.
Norfolk Island lies in the South Pacific Ocean, 1500 kilometres from the eastern Australian coast. It is about two hours flying time from Brisbane and two and a half hours from Sydney, the nearest major cities.
Norfolk Island is a quiet paradise, often overlooked yet unforgettable once found. The breathtaking scenery, unique culture and history dating back to the 18th century will provide you with plenty to do in your downtime. Located roughly halfway between Australia and New Zealand you will need to approach this opportunity with eyes wide open and know you will be immersing yourself in a community and culture that is friendly, resilient and self-reliant.
A place where waving to everyone you pass is mandatory, where cows have right of way, and everyone knows everyone else. It is the only place in the world where the telephone book lists people under their nicknames, such as Drill, Bing, Diddles and Spud. No wonder the locals reckon it is "Da Bass Side Orn Earth" (the best place on Earth).
If you have the qualifications, skills and resilience to take on this challenge, we look forward to receiving your applications. NIHRACS is offering a 12-month contract with the option for 1+1 year renewal at NIHRACS discretion.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Lynette Boerth on +61 (0)431 293 861 or via email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: 21/08/2020