Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Medical Director and Executive Lead, Quality Systems Group (H20_5309)
- National Strategic Role
- System Wide Improvement and Innovation
- Results Through Partnerships and Collaboration
The Health Quality & Safety Commission New Zealand (Commission) leads and coordinates work across the health and disability system, both private and public, to improve service safety and quality and therefore outcomes for all who use these services in New Zealand.
At the heart of the Commissions work is a shared framework, the New Zealand Triple Aim for Quality Improvement, and deep commitment to working alongside their partners and stakeholders to achieve equity in the health and disability system, as well as to improve people’s experience of that system and its value.
The Quality Systems Group established in August 2020 brings together the Commission’s clinical leadership and improvement elements to focus on embedding consistent safe and resilient healthcare throughout the health and disability system. Specifically it is the lead for Strategic Priority 4 in the Commissions Statement of Intent: Strengthening systems for high quality services.
As Medical Director and Executive Lead Quality Systems Group you will join the organisation at a pivotal moment in time as the health and disability system continues to quickly respond and adapt to deliver services in new ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At the same time it is foreshadowed in the Health and Disability System Review Final Report – Pūrongo Whakamutunga – New Zealand may be embarking on the most complex system in over twenty years.
As Medical Director and Executive Lead for the Quality Systems Group you and your team, working closely with the Chief Executive and wider executive will bring leadership and experience to bare to facilitate faster change in systems responsiveness and quality improvements.
To be successful in role you will bring as a minimum:
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of the complexity within healthcare and the development of resilient healthcare, and what this means to services and systems.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing system change, through quality improvement or transformational change projects
- Proven medical leadership within the New Zealand health system at service level, professional level and nationally
- Understanding of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to Māori advancement and equity in the health and disability sector
For a confidential conversation about the role please contact either Paul Ingle or Catherine Poutasi
Paul Ingle E: email@example.com M: +61 402 796 125
Catherine Poutasi E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: +61 432 173 611
Applications Close: 04/11/2020