Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Director Medical Services (H20_3514)
Central West Hospital and Health Service (CWHHS) is seeking a contemporary Director of Medical Services. This clinical leadership position offers you the opportunity to innovate and to implement best practice medical administration and clinical service delivery in a unique part of the world.
The Director of Medical Services will be a passionate and dedicated clinician and clinical leader based in Longreach and have clinical and managerial oversight of medical service delivery within both the Longreach and Winton hubs. The position will work collaboratively with the Management teams of the Longreach Hospital and Winton Multi-purpose Health service (MPHS) and assist the Executive Leadership the Central West Hospital and Health Service to identify, develop and promote strategies in line with the Service’s Strategic Plan.
The Director of Medical Services must advocate for and understand the health care needs of the community and deliver a patient focused health care service that meets these needs.
CWHHS is a resourceful dedicated leader in far reaching healthcare. Spanning 396,000km and covering 23 percent of the State of Queensland, you have an opportunity to combine your knowledge and experience with the entrepreneurial spirit of the Central West. The Longreach facility under the rural and remote clinical service capability framework is the highest-level Clinical Service Capability within the health service (level 3), the Winton MPHS is a level 2 service.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Current registration or eligibility to be registered with the Medical Board of Australia as a medical practitioner.
- Clinical and operational management experience within a rural and remote setting
- Competence and capability in primary rural medical practice (particularly hospital-based practice).
- Demonstrated skill in trauma management, general inpatient care, and emergency medicine.
- Ability to function in a multidisciplinary team and to provide leadership within the team.
- Experience in education and training of medical staff and/or medical students.
This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself and contribute to Central West Hospital and Health Services and the Central West community at large. A competitive renumeration package including will be offered to the preferred applicant.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Liz Hlipala on +61 (0)401 122 301 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: 11/11/2020