Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Senior Medical Officer- Anaesthetist (H20_3515)
Do you want to practice medicine across the care continuum? Do you want the experience of practicing in a beautiful part of rural and remote Queensland? Consider joining Central West Hospital and Health Service.
Central West Hospital and Health Service (Central West Health) provides health and hospital services to a rural and remote population of 10,500 residents spread across 23% of the State of Queensland. Central West Health works in partnership with the Western Queensland Primary Health Network, the Royal Flying Doctor Service, regional councils and various non-government health and aged care providers.
Central West Health operates hospital and multi-purpose health service hubs in Longreach, Barcaldine, Blackall, Alpha and Winton. The largest hospital hub is the Longreach Hospital – s a 23-bed acute care facility in a CSCF 3 rural setting. It provides a comprehensive range of services to the Longreach community, including:
- 24-hour accident and emergency
- general and specialist outpatients
- orthopaedics and
Central West Health is seeking applications from Senior Medical Officers with an Anaesthetic Advanced Rural Skill certification. You will be involved in providing anaesthetic services at Longreach Hospital which provides general surgery and maternity services for all of Central West Queensland. The maternity services are provided under a low risk midwifery led model of care supported by SMO GP Obstetricians with DRANZCOG advanced. The general surgical services are provided by the Flying Surgical Service from Roma. A range of sub-specialty surgical services are provided by fly-in-fly-out surgeons and gastroenterologist.
Senior Medical Officers of Central West Health are managed as a group practice of around 20 SMO doctors across the region. You will be required to contribute to the development of a cohesive and supportive team environment. You may be required to provide short term relief to doctors based at other Central West Health facilities.
To be successful in this role you will require
- Competence and capability to provide primary rural medical practice, including hospital-based practice with certification of a (secondary) advanced rural skill as specified.
- The ability to improve standards and quality of health care and patient safety.
- The ability to function in a multidisciplinary team and provide clinical leadership within the team.
- High level of communication skills in clinical practice and operational responsibilities.
- Experience in education and training of medical staff and/or medical students.
- Demonstrated competence and recent experience in anaesthetic care sufficient to allow full credentialing as an Anaesthetic Rural Generalist.
This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself and contribute to Central West Health and the Central West community at large. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the preferred applicant.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Lynette Boerth on +61 (0)431 293 861 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: 11/11/2020