Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Director Medical Services – Clarence (H21_3624)
- Provide contemporary comprehensive Medical Administrative specialist services
- Opportunity to be future thinking and influence models of care
- Values driven organisation
Northern NSW Local Health District (NNSWLHD) is working towards being the leading regional local health district in Australia. The Grafton Base Hospital is a Clarence valley referral, level 3/4 base hospital within the Northern New South Wales Health District providing care to over 13,000 patients every year. Specialist services provided include Emergency, Intensive Care, General Medicine & Surgery (including sub specialties), Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oncology and Aged Care. The hospital undertakes over 5,000 surgical procedures and sees over 27,000 Emergency attendances annually.
Maclean District Hospital is a level 3 rural hospital, providing acute and sub-acute care to over 2000 patients and sees over 13,000 ED attendances annually.
The primary role of the Director Medical Services is to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of the range of Medical Services across the Clarence Valley as negotiated with the Northern NSW Local Health District.
A successful applicant for this role will need:
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Medical Practitioner and be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators or hold equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and achievement as a Senior Manager in a Health Service including strategic planning, medical workforce planning and management, and change management.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively manage medical administration departments within similar health care organisation.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles and practices of clinical governance and clinical risk management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the science of improvement and the principles of patient safety in contemporary healthcare.
- Sound understanding of contemporary Health Service issues and the proven ability to prioritise and effectively manage resources to address these issues.
- Communication, negotiation, consultative and interpersonal skills, incorporating the ability to liaise and consult with all levels of the health industry, the community and various professional groups.
We are seeking an experienced medical leader who has ideally held a DMS or Deputy DMS role, and who has a track record of leading and driving successful improvement. The person may hold a RACMA Fellowship or be on their pathway to Fellowship. Critical to the person’s success will be their proven track record of leading diverse medical teams and initiatives within a complex hospital or health service. The person will demonstrate strong communication and engagement skills and a track record of successfully forging powerful relationships with medical staff, the executive team and the broader clinical community.
This represents an exciting opportunity to support world class healthcare across this thriving and growing community. It also offers the prospect of living in the beautiful and picturesque region of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture for which the area is renowned. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing tree-change, a family destination or an adventure, the Clarence Valley has something to suit every lifestyle.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Rhodie Miller on +61 (0)422 816 557 or via email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: 23/04/2021