Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Chief Health Officer & Deputy Director General – General Prevention (H21_3766)
The Queensland Government’s Chief Health Officer (CHO) and Deputy Director General – General Prevention, Queensland Health is responsible for leading the State’s preventive health, public health, and public health information agendas. Reporting to the Director-General the role is a member of the Department of Health’s Executive Leadership Team and Queensland Health’s System Leadership Forum.
The role leads the disaster coordination, emergency response and emergency preparedness activities for Queensland at a system-wide level, for overseeing retrieval and counter-disaster activities and maintaining capacity to identify and respond to communicable diseases and other health threats.
Queensland Health is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified medical professionals who have:
- Significant medical experience at a senior level, with a proven track record of accountability and authority in managing the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Experience in navigating highly sensitive issues within government focused on achieving effective policy outcomes;
- Demonstrated stakeholder relationships or the ability to forge credible relationships across government, private and non-government sectors;
- The ability to communicate complex medical information to the broader public in a manner that instils public confidence and understanding.
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Highly developed negotiation skills, political astuteness, and intellectual flexibility;
- Assertive and confident decision making skills, willingness and ability to make high stakes decisions, with capacity to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to influence system leadership;
- High resilience and capability to work under demanding, high stress, circumstances;
- History as an experienced communicator and media operator able to communicate complex issues with clarity, and perform well under pressure.
The CHO is the Queensland Government’s incident coordinator for the COVID-19 health pandemic. It is anticipated that the newly appointed Chief Health Officer’s responsibilities will be dedicated to leadership of the State’s coordinated response for a minimum of 12-18 months. The general preventative health responsibilities of the role will continue to be delegated during this time.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Sarah Buckler on +61 (0)429 486 740 or via email email@example.com for a confidential discussion and Kevin Hardy on + 61 (0) 412 131 334 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 02/08/2021