Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Director of Nursing / Director of Residential and Clinical Outreach (H21_3836)
Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia (DASSA) is a state-wide health service that provides services and policy advice for tobacco, alcohol and other drug issues, including illicit drugs. This includes:
- providing a range of state-wide treatment services for people with problematic use of alcohol and other drugs, including a 30 bed inpatient alcohol and other drug withdrawal unit based at Glenside Health Services and a 24 bed therapeutic community (the Woolshed), as well as outpatient services across the metropolitan area and in regional areas throughout South Australia;
- providing consultation and liaison services, providing support and development assistance to primary health care, hospitals, non-government and private sectors to facilitate provision of a wide range of treatment and support services;
- providing and coordinating a range of population programs to address tobacco, alcohol and other drug related problems in South Australia, including tobacco social marketing programs, the police drug diversion program, peer harm reduction programs and the clean needle program for South Australia; and
- providing policy and planning advice to the Chief Executive of the Department for Health and Wellbeing (DHW) and the Minister for Health and Wellbeing related to tobacco, alcohol and other drug issues, under the direction of the Department of Health and Wellbeing. This includes responsibility for SA Health funding of non-government alcohol and other drug treatment services.
DASSA’s strategic intention is the prevention and management of alcohol, tobacco and other drug-related issues across South Australia. To achieve this, DASSA:
- advises on a whole-of-government approach to prevent the use of illicit drugs and the misuse of licit drugs;
- advises on policy relating to tobacco, alcohol and other drugs and provides expert advice and support to South Australia's role in national policy development;
- provides or brokers a range of prevention, intervention and treatment programs across the state with a particular focus on high risk groups and behaviours;
- advises on evidence-based practice; and
- participates in research.
DASSA is currently seeking applications of interest from senior nursing leaders for the role of Director of Nursing / Director of Residential and Clinical Outreach.
As the Director of Nursing / Director of Residential and Clinical Outreach your responsibilities will include clinical governance, workforce leadership and the successful delivery of strategic and operational services. To succeed in this role, you must possess the ability to think critically and strategically. The multifactorial nature of this position will see you juggling many responsibilities, thus, your ability to empower staff, create effective teams and offer clinical guidance and credibility will be crucial.
You will be responsible for a diverse range of portfolios including:
- Nursing workforce and professional standards
- Withdrawal services
- The Woolshed therapeutic community
- Aboriginal clinical services
- Infection control
- Safety, quality and risk management
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated track record of nursing leadership and gravitas capable of wider system and operational leadership. Whilst alcohol, tobacco and other drug clinical experience is preferred it is not essential. Experience in mental health or other related disciplines would be well regarded together with a willingness to undertake training in alcohol, tobacco and other drug responses.
This role is based in Adelaide, South Australia and offers a relaxed yet prosperous and affordable lifestyle. Adelaide’s food and wine regions are world class and this together with an abundance of cultural and leisure activities makes for a highly desirable place to live.
For a confidential discussion to learn more about this opportunity please contact Lynette Boerth; Executive Director Search and Recruitment (M) +61 (0)431 293 861 or (E) email@example.com
Applications Close: 15/10/2021