Hand picking the best talent from around the world.
Psychiatrist/Staff Specialist – Clinical Director (H21_3875)
Mental health acute and community services in Northern Sydney are provided across Macquarie, Hornsby, Northern Beaches, Royal North Shore and Ryde Hospital. Services provided include psychiatric emergency care, adult acute and non-acute care, child and youth mental health and community-based mental health services.
Drug and alcohol services provide treatment for consumers with drug and/or alcohol use issues through multiple services that also address medical and mental health related health problems. These service support people to cease and/or better manage their substance use issues. Services provided include primary prevention and education, non-admitted management, detoxification and rehabilitation and ongoing management in the community.
Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the role of Staff Specialist – Clinical Director, Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Service (Clinical Director MHDA).
The Clinical Director MHDA’s key accountabilities will include operational, policy, planning and financial duties, as well as in supervision, training and education. Key components to the role include:
- Ensuring there are effective clinical governance systems across MHDA/consortium services where NSLHD is the lead agency, and the regular systemic evaluation and improvement of those systems including ECT development, implementation & progressive evaluation of a comprehensive clinical program within the MHDA Directorate.
- Actively leading and collaborating with all direct positional reports to ensure portfolios develop, plan, collaborate, implement and evaluate evidence based or leading practices in the subject areas.
- Prepare responses within applicable templates to delegated Ministerial, Complaints, Compliments and Official Correspondence.
- Represent MHDA in meetings with NSLHD, NSW Health & other external agencies e.g., NGO's, Police, Ambulance, PHN.
- Oversight of multidisciplinary supervision, training & education including Nursing, Allied Health, Senior and Junior Medical Staff, Medical/Other students, other members of the team and Emergency Department staff.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified and experienced clinical psychiatrists currently registered (or eligible for registration) with the Medical Board of Australia.
For a confidential discussion to learn more about this opportunity please contact Pete Carter, Principal Consultant, HardyGroup on +61 (0)448 729 077 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 09/11/2021